Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Is Kansas the true #1?

With the Superbowl 2 weeks away and me being tired of talking about the Lakers, Te’o and that snake Lance Armstrong, there’s not a lot of news so I figured this was a good time to follow up with last weeks who to watch for in College hoops.

I told ya’ll in the ACC Duke was picking up where they left off last season reclaiming the #1 spot, while my Tar Heels are struggling. I thought a surprising NC State was about to make some noise. Since I made that prediction they’ve lost to Maryland and Wake Forest so I’ll try to do better going forth.

Wednesday night the battle for the top spot in the ACC takes place as #25 Miami, currently undefeated in the ACC will play #1 Duke, who comes in at 3-1 in conference.

Next up let’s just get it out the way right now the Big 12 as usual will go to Kansas led by freshman shooting guard Ben McClemore averaging basically 17 points a night on the #3 team in the nation. They just beat K State who’ll more than likely hold the #2 spot in the conference with Rodney McGruder trying to close out his final season as a Wildcat, but word on the street is watch out for OU personally I’m not convinced of the Sooners yet. Currently tied with Kansas State with a 4-1 conference record.

Another team that does make me raise an eye browe is the #16 Oregon Ducks. They play good team basketball 5 players average double digit scoring which shows they share the ball and anyone of them can kill you on any given night. The Pac 12 isn’t and hasn’t been very relative for a few seasons now, and they didn’t really play any big teams out of conference to show how good they really are, but I like the way they play. I don’t know about that court though.

Tomorrow the Big East and Big Ten some are saying one of these conferences are the SEC of college basketball.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to say about Oregon since I don't have cable. Don't believe the hype OU is has an extremely young back court. So they will at least 2 seasons to get it together. How about Serena William breaking out the can of whoop ass on her tennis racket.

    ReplyDelete